- GIANT BAMBOO seeds – ca. 60 Seeds/bag or ca.350 Seeds/bag
- Grows 8 to 10 meters in record speed – well suited as visibility or wind protection in the garden
- Phyllostachys pubescens Moso – “King of the Bamboos”
- UK winter hardy, can withstand frost up to -15° Celsius
- rapid self-reproduction by way of rhizomes / needs a lot of space and grows quickly
- 10 g Bulk pack
- ca. 350 pcs Seeds
The “largest blade of grass in the world” (it belongs to the botanical family of grasses) is native to southeast Asia. In southern China, this giant reaches a height of up to 30 meters.
The culms reach 8 to 18 cm in diameter. The leaves are green, medium-large, 4 to 11 cm long and 0.5 to 1.2 cm wide and have a thick growth.
This bamboo species forms many offshoots and is winter hardy up to to -15° Celsius.
- native to Asia, particularly in Indonesia and China
- in nature, can grown up to one meter per day
- durable, can reach up to 40 years of age
- winter hardy, can withstand frost up to to -15° Celsius
- in native surroundings 25 – 35 meters height
- cultivated in domestic gardens up to 10 meters height
- culm diameter from 8 – 18 cm
- suitable as privacy protection instead of a wall or fence in gardens
- rapid self-reproduction by way of rhizomes
- needs a lot of space and grows quickly
To pre-treat the seeds, please allow them to soak in lukewarm water for about one day. The water must not exceed 40 degrees.
Like all grasses, this bamboo is a light-dependent germinator. Press the grain-like seed on to damp propagation substrate (e.g. sowing soil, transplanting soil, propagation soil or coconut humus) and thinly cover with the substrate, then place the container in a warm location. The bamboo seeds prefer high humidity (spray bottle) and must never dry-out (no water logging!). At a temperature of 25° C and consistent humidity, the seeds will germinate in about 10 to 20 days.
This is a natural product. Therefore, we do not guarantee a sprout or germ for seeds since the conditions under which sowing by the customer is made can not be assessed or influenced by us.
Frequently bought together: