Petunia – multi-flowered mix (Petunia Hybrida)
- Pre-cultivation in cultivation pots can begin from February.
- The seeds are evenly spread out on the substrate and only lightly pressed in. Do not cover the seeds with soil or substrate as these are light germinators.
- Substrate should be kept slightly moist. Clear foil or a thin glass cover will protect against drying out.
- Germination is 8-14 days at a temperature of at least 20° C.
- The plant must be repotted as soon as the second leaf pair has grown. Allow a space of about 15 cm between the seedlings. This will enable optimal growth of the individual plants.
- The petunias can be planted in their final location outdoors or on a balcony between end of April and beginning of May.
The petunia is a genus of the nightshade species and grow in the temperate to subtropical climates of South America. The garden petunia (Petunia hybrida) is a hybrid genus and is one of the most loved ornamental plants because of its large, open blossoms. Its epithet derives from the word petun, the word used by Brazilian natives for tobacco.
This magnificent summer flower blooms tirelessly from May to the first frosts with large, strongly colored flowers. Ideal is a very sunny location, however the plant will grow in shaded locations. Here, the rule applies: the more sun, the more blossoms. Petunias are very easy to care for. If they are given plenty of water and nutrients (fertilizer), the plant will reward its owner with wonderfully sumptuous flowers.
This is a natural product. Therefore, we do not guarantee a sprout or germ for seeds since the conditions under which sowing by the customer is made can not be assessed or influenced by us.
Frequently bought together: